Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy B-Earthday


 For many of you who visit this blog today is a very special day. Earth Day began back in 1970 as a celebration of nature and the environmental movement.
Nature and environmental stewardship have always been central themes here at the Ecobirder blog but Earth Day also holds a special meaning. 
It was eight years ago today that the Ecobirder blog was born.

Here is a copy of the initial post.

Welcome to my new Ecobirder Blog

In honor of Earth Day 2007 I have started my first blog. The purpose of this blog will be to share my love of the environment, wildlife, and birding with others who share these interests.
 

The owl pictures above are the first photos that I posted to the blog on April 24, 2007. This nest had one chick and it was located at the Woodlake Nature Center.
 
I hope that you all enjoy this blast to the past.
 
I thank you for your support and hope that you continue to visit for a long time to come.
 
Happy B-Earthday 

2 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Congratulations, I love your blog with beautiful photographs and information.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Congrats on 8 years! Hurrah for Earth Day!