Friday, March 7, 2008

Sad Day

What a differense a week can make. Last Thursday I was flying high after releaseing the eagle that we had saved last year. Yesterday my heart was heavy because we had to let a member of our family go. This was Puddy. We shared our home and our lives with him for 18 years. Yesterday we let Puddy be at peace.
Up until the end of last year Puddy was still a playful vibrent cat but over the past couple of months his health very suddenly and rapidly took a turn for the worse. So yesterday when we took him in we where already prepared to let him go. No matter how prepared that you are it is still a very hard thing to do. Puddy was more then a pet, he was a dear friend and a member of our family and we will always love and remember him. He is gone now but we will always keep him with us in our hearts.

9 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'm so sorry.

thepowerguides said...

we get so used to them although cats are independent they are also great companions as they sense our feelings sorry for your loss 18 was a good run though

steve

World Bird Sanctuary said...

Aw. I'm so sorry. I have an older cat (13) and I know what a huge place they have in our lives.

My condolences.

Pet Guilt said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. These critters just have a way of leaving such a huge gap when they're gone. I'm glad, though, that we are able to finally help them along their paths at the end. Take care of yourselves.

Ecobirder said...

Thank you everyone. This has been a hard time. Michelle and I never had any children so Puddy became our child. It was a very hard thing to do but it was even harder to watch him in the shape that he was in. I know that he has gone to a better place.

RuthieJ said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

We have only "furry children" also and have said good-bye to one cat and one dog over the years (we're still 'owned' by 1 cat and 2 dogs). Losing them is hard, but not as hard as watching them suffer. The sadness and missing them will always be there, but the happy memories will sustain you.

Ecobirder said...

Thanks Ruthie

puckster55 said...

We send our condolences for the loss of your Puddy Cat :(
My wife and I don't have children either, in January of 91 we adopted Toeser from the humane society and was Blessed with his companionship for just shy of 17 years! We had to put him to sleep December 8th due to stomach/intestinal problems. There isn't a day we don't miss him though.
Again, so sorry for your loss.
Shalom
Chuck Ashley

Ecobirder said...

Thanks Chuck