Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hawaiian Hills

Back in 2002 we went on a two week trip to Hawaii. Hawaii was not my first choice of locations but since Michelle has indulged my dragging her to many out of the way locations on trips I decided to surprise with a trip to somewhere that she wanted to go. I was pleasantly surprised. There was a good amount of interesting wildlife, since many of the species had adapted over centuries of exclusion. I also had a blast searching the tide pools for interesting creatures and the scenery, like the view above, was incredible.


9 comments:

HansHB said...

Great photo!
Happy SWF!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Really beautiful! Apparently, you just have to get away from the tourist beaches ...I hope to find out for myself someday!

genie said...

Even though it wasn't your first choice, it certainly turned out well. What a gorgeous view. It makes me think there might be a magical land hidden somewhere.I think I am actually seeing a rainbow or maybe my eyes are playing a joke on me. genie

Photo Cache said...

nice scenery.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hello, lovely colors !
What a view of the sky you have from your place....
By Myriam :))

Anonymous said...

Hawaii is so beautiful ~ Great shot for Sky Watch ~ nature is gorgeous!

Small City Scenes said...

I see the humor in it. You protest too much but when you went you found more beauty than you imagined. Good for you. MB

Andrea said...

I fully agree with you, i've been to Hawaii once to the 3 islands and they are all spectacular. Watching the volcano flow the lava to the sea is a once-in-a lifetime treat too.

maria said...

Beautiful!

Maria @ Lss.