Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Road by Carl Leiland

From asphalt, to gravel, to dust
This road to travel, for I a must
Placed here by an unseen force
Set directly on a collision course
This road was I, and this road was you
Was it travelled by all? Or just us two?
Coincidence, or fate?
The moment we passed, I did constue
Was it a dream? Or deja vu?
Had this road I once taken?
Or from a dream I did awaken?
Was it the troubled times of past?
So turbulent, so vast
For a man to learn of what not to do
That has brought me to this road
To travel only for I, and only for you?

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

A perfect, beautiful capture to match Leiland's words! Marvelous post for the day! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Kcalpesh said...

This contribution of yours to skywatch is simply fantastic! I really loved the composition very much!

Pixellicious Photos

Kim, USA said...

I love the poem and you had a great photo here. Happy weekend!

SkyWatchFriday

Laura said...

a perfect combination of poem and imagery.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The photo begs the question where does that road go? Valerie

hetty said...

Great photo and lovely poem to go with it. The 'Road Less Traveled', perhaps?

Animor said...

You have a lovely poem composition i like reading it. The travel was only for me and you?hehe..Beautiful photo of road and the sky, must be road to heaven? Thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful poem and a great photo! Well done!

Jossie said...

Great combination of words and picture.

Robin said...

Lovely combination. :)

Kristin said...

Nice poem combine with a nice photo. Strong clouds.