Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Cloud by Percy Bysshe Shelley Part 5

And the crimson pall of eve may fall
From the depth of Heaven above,
With wings folded I rest, on mine aery nest,
As still as a brooding dove.
That orbed maiden with white fire laden,
Whom mortals call the Moon,
Glides glimmering o'er my fleece-like floor,
By the midnight breezes strewn;
And wherever the beat of her unseen feet,
Which only the angels hear,
May have broken the woof of my tent's thin roof,
The stars peep behind her and peer;
And I laugh to see them whirl and flee,
Like a swarm of golden bees,
When I widen the rent in my wind-built tent,
Till the calm rivers, lakes, and seas,
Like strips of the sky fallen through me on high,
Are each paved with the moon and these.
-

10 comments:

KaHolly said...

This is a perfect sky watch entry today! I am enjoying the poem in increments, accompanied by your beautiful photographs. ~karen

lotusleaf said...

A romantic picture! I love Shelly's poetry.

Sylvia K said...

I, too, love Shelley's poetry and this is such a gorgeous capture! I do love that moon! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Wanda said...

What a beautiful poem. This is such a good combination of picture and words.

Jim said...

Beautiful moon shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Pulchritude said...

so serene! beautiful bright moon.. happy weekend..

bluegreen butterfly said...

"lovers' moon"! :D beautiful shot..

Anonymous said...

What a luscious moon! Gorgeous shot - and lovely poem.

Lara said...

wow, this is one gorgeous capture! so clear and vibrant!

MarieElizabeth said...

Beautiful moon shot.