Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 365

Today is a bit of a milestone for the Ecobirder blog. Today is the 365th consecutive day that I have made a post. Before I began the blog I spent quite a bit of time looking at and reading other blogs. One thing that I noticed was the blogs that I kept going back to were blogs that had new content on a regular basis. When I started blogging it took me a while to figure things out and get them going but as I went along I was able to post with more frequency. Then last summer I decided to see how long that I could go with posting at least once every day. That was June 5th 2008 and here it is June 9th 2009 and I have not missed a day.
In celebration of this glorious occasion I give you this series of shots that I took last year at the Carpenter Nature Center of an olive-sided flycatcher who has caught himself a yellow jacket for dinner.





I am not sure how long my streak will continue, there are some days when the blog feels like another job, but either way I will continue do my best to bring you pictures, facts and stories that will inspire, educate and entertain you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, of what we seen so far of what you have posted it is very informative and enjoyable to read.

Thanks,
Mike & Lizette

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

We hope you keep on posting!!! Here's to the next 365!

Gaelyn said...

Good job. I know what you mean, some days it's just hard to blog.

Great series. Looks like the flycatcher may have gotten more than it bargained for.

You have a great blog. I always enjoy your pics and info. Keep it up.

JRandSue said...

Great looking Blog.
John.

Loran said...

Congratulations on so many consecutive posts! The best part is that you take such beautiful pictures.

Amanda Guthrie said...

Beautiful as always! Love seeing your friend with his yellow jacket (I am guessing this was a formal meal?) for dinner ;-)

Dawn Fine said...

Congrats on 365 ..good job..this series of he olive sided is awesome..and buggy..