Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Yellowstone Morning

Being on vacation in Yellowstone is like living a completely different life. At home my typical morning routine consists of getting up before the sun rises, making my lunch, and then driving off on the freeway through suburbia into the city on my way to work.
Our typical day in Yellowstone started off with a quick breakfast before we headed into the park as the sun began to rise. We would come in from the west entrance and would be greeted each morning with beautiful scenery like something off of a post card. One morning we just pulled off of the road and took a couple of pics.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a splendid setting you have photographed. It must be a nice place to visit and even nicer to live there.

I managed to get a new blog started a few days ago. It is only about flowers.

Our Flower Pot

Baruch said...

Such a beautiful photo and such a lovely location

Dave Coulter said...

Wow.....snow! Happy SWF :)

Sally in WA said...

I just have to go visit Yellowstone. No more excuses. Your picture just reinforces that.

Carol said...

Beautiful photo...trees, mountains, blue skies...perfect..

Tom said...

I would love to be there right now.. It as always been a place I would like to spend time. Enjoy..

Nice Sky Watch post
Tom
My Sky Watch posts are: Wiggers World and Pictures & Words

Eric(NL) said...

Perfect place for a Skywatch Photo, well done!!!

Have a nice Skywatch Friday

Arija said...

A great shot with that lovely snow layer.

Adrienne Zwart said...

Beautiful!

EcoRover said...

Thanks for the nice post. We sometimes take all this for granted, so it's nice to see it with fresh eyes.

Sanna said...

Beautiful photo and the amazing landscape!

I've browsed through your blog and I really like it. I'll most certainly be back.

Unknown said...

What a view to look at while having breakfast !!

Cool shot !