Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Belated Valentine

Calico Pennant
Like a stereotypical guy I am late for Valentines Day this year. I meant to post this last Wednesday but got rapped up in life and it slipped my mind. The calico pennant is one of the most colorful and attractive dragonflies that you can find in North America. In my opinion it rivals any of the butterfly species around and the distinctive red heart shaped spots on the abdomen of the male make it a great subject for Valentines Day, or in my case a belated Valentines Day.


8 comments:

Laura said...

absolutely gorgeous...look at those hearts!

Jen said...

Fascinating, the way that Nature colors things!

Cafe au lait said...

Beautiful capture. I played too. Mine are here and here.

Jill said...

Beautiful! I luv it's vibrant colors. Happy WW :)

~ Jill

http://www.frugalplus.com/2013/02/wordless-wednesday-wlinky-kids-n-pets.html

Pat said...

Great Valentine image!

Anonymous said...

Oncе they сhangе іnto сlοѕe
friends, they wіll hope fаmiliaгity, but
not very vегy much гight until then. Gеt ready
the place wherever you are gοing to be wоrking
оn the сolоrng. They hаve lіveԁ lifе akіn to that of
great ѕaints, sages and Riѕhіѕ
who have beеn іԁеntified fог their ρenаnce and
austеritiеs.

Herе is mу web-site :: pizza stone kitchen boss

Barb said...

What a beauty.

Rambling Woods said...

Ok..lost my comment.. I agree that this is as beautiful as a butterfly and the colors are amazing. I think I have seen these around the pond, I will have to check my records.. Thank you for linking in Jeff.. Michelle