Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today's Flowers: Yellowstone Wildflowers

This year I had hoped to photograph a lot of different wildflowers while we were out in Yellowstone but unfortunately there did not seem to be many around this year. I am not sure why there seemed to be fewer wildflowers then normal. Even last year, when much of the park was still covered in snow, we still found quite a few wildflowers in the open areas.
The only thing that I can think of is that memorial day came early this year, with almost a week left in May. Perhaps many of the wildflowers did not begin to bloom until after we left. I did find a couple of wildflowers to photograph. However I have a hard enough time identifying flowers from my area so I am not sure what type of flowers that these are. Perhaps someone from the Wyoming\ Montana area might be able to ID these and let us know what they are.

21 comments:

troutbirder said...

I'm not positive either but they sure are beautiful. Yellowstone is my kind of place.

Anonymous said...

I could be the ground is warming up. I wonder what the experts have noticed about the volcano under Yellowstone? Recently, I mean.

This has been an excellent year for animals and flowers or even trees here in Ohio where we live. Enough rain, heat and cool days and nights.

Helen said...

Whatever they are they are beautiful. Helen

Ebie said...

You are lucky to find these wild flowers. While we were in Mono County (Eastern Sierra) during the Memorial Weekend, there were a few. Sorry I cannot identify those flowers.

Carver said...

Those are beautiful wildflowers. I don't know for sure what they are and fear my guesses would be off.

Arija said...

Beautiful shots of both your flowers in complimentary colours.

Arija said...

Beautiful shots of both your flowers in complimentary colours.

Chris said...

beautiful flowers of yellowstone!

Holly said...

stunning!

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing these beautiful flowers.

Luiz Ramos said...

Beautiful flowers.
Wish you have had a happy 4th July.

Tammie Lee said...

Lovely images.
Looks as though you have:'larkspur' and perhaps 'little sunflower'.

Mia N said...

The nature makes lovely things, these wildflower are beautiful.Thans for sharing.

i beati said...

vibrant flowers sandy

amanda said...

You got some great shots but yeah Calif"s wildflower season is pretty much over even in the higher altitudes are winding down. I hope your trip was awesome tho!

mimi said...

i always love purple flowers, they are very pretty and vibrant.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Wonderful flowers1
I like very much yellow flowers!

Luiz

Janet said...

what a pretty purple flowers.

Viola said...

Beautiful flowers! They are strong then, as they came up between the snow.. Let's hope you'll find out the names of the flowers :)

AMIT said...

Wow beautiful rose.

Alternative energy

Anonymous said...

the flower is so beautiful and so gorgeous that it is attracted by all .

justice

outsources BPO & call centre solution