Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today's Flowers: Monarchs on Blazing Star

Here are some pics that I took back last August in the butterfly garden at the Maplewood Nature Center.
The blazing star at Maplewood really seemed to attract the monarchs.
I am thinking about planting some in my yard if I ever get around to landscaping it.
However I spoke with someone earlier today who told me that it was some what difficult to grow and it took a lot of attention. Which might not be so good for me since I already have so many other things going.
I can not wait until we see monarchs fluttering around again but I think that we still have about another month or so.

8 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

Sensational. Still waiting for our butterflies.

Pacey said...

Beautiful, and very lovely to see the butterfly on top of that lovely flower.

Digital Polaroids said...

Amazing pictures! The butterfly's colors are a perfect draw

http://digitalpolaroids.blogspot.com/2009/05/palm-tree.html

Leora said...

Hard to look at the flowers with the lovely butterfly stealing the show. I think I saw a butterfly flutter through my garden today.

Unknown said...

I have seen a couple of Monarchs this year, just want them to lay some eggs on our milkweed!!

Regina said...

Wow. Great post as always!

Arija said...

Fab. photos. Monarchs also love Dahlias, and they are easy to grow.

Chris said...

Fantastic colorful shots. Well done, the light was also very nice, it looks like a sunny day ;-)