Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blue Sky by Mike Michaels


Blue Sky, Blue Sky, please don't be obscured
Your saphire beauty makes me assured
That whatever misfortunes fate has procured
I am against glumness and sadness inured

Blue Sky, Blue Sky, I confess I'm enamoured
You release me from those who have crowded and clamoured
You replenish the peace their noise has devoured
And nurture serentity where it once flowered

Blue Sky, Blue Sky, you have my devotion
Blue Sky the widest, deepest, most ephemeral ocean
You set my soul sailing on pacific emotion
Your glad tide sweeps away my most plaintive notion

Blue Sky, Blue Sky, when I gaze into you
I fall under the spell of your azure hue
Until everything old and familiar seems new
And I remember where awe and wonder once grew

Blue Sky.

12 comments:

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

I really love the poem - wonderful words. (Great piccie too, of course!)

Liz said...

What lovely words. Perfect for the beautiful photo. Happy sky watching.

Liz @ A Simple Life

Sylvia K said...

The perfect, beautiful words for such gorgeous skies! Wonderful post for the day!

Sylvia

Lesley said...

I like the way the clouds look as if they are being stretched out over the water.

Pearl Maple said...

fabulous view the horizon, days like that are just beautiful to watch

Jim said...

beautiful sky.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the photo — it is a poem in itself.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

What lovely reflections of blue in the lake.

lotusleaf said...

What a lovely poem to match a lovely picture!

Kim, USA said...

Blue sky and the reflection on the water is blue too that is awesome!

Sky View

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photo and poem.

Regards!

genie said...

Your poem is the perfect accompaniment to the photo...or should it be the other way around? Which ever way, this is an awesome post, which reminds me of last week when we visited the Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge. It has brightened my afternoon. genie