Thursday, September 20, 2012


Living in the middle of North America makes it a little difficult to run down to the ocean to take a pic. I was over 30 years old before I saw the Atlantic Ocean and even older before I looked out over the Pacific. Perhaps that is why I try and stay in a hotel that is near the ocean when we travel to places like Florida, Texas, and California. This shot was taken on the beach on South Padre Island in Texas. On of our hotels was right on the beach. Each morning I would get up and take a walk on the beach while Michelle got to sleep in. 


9 comments:

joanca bs said...

Nice post

Sivinden said...

That's a gorgeous sunrise!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Awesome capture.

y Skywatch
Have a great weekend.

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous sunrise! I love the movement of the ocean waves! Well, Gulf waves. :-)

Linnea said...

That's a spectacular shot! I love the layering from the waves leading to the setting sun. Glad you enjoy the beaches every now and then!

genie said...

I grew up in south Florida a block form the ocean so I miss it terribly here in VA. Like you we always stay on the water when we travel and we are both up before sunrise...Buddy running with his iPhone and me with my Rebel. It is a way of life with us. Your shot is gorgeous and one you would definitely have missed if you had slept in. What a wonderful way to start your day. genie

Powell River Books said...

I've always lived near the ocean, and often went years without going down to watch the waves. I also lived for may years near Disneyland and rarely went. - Margy

P-TER said...

Soft atmosphere in this beautiful picture.