Thursday, September 27, 2012

Split Rock Lighthouse

 This weekend Michelle and I headed up north to try and photograph some of the fall color. Since we were up north we had to stop to take some pictures of my favorite Minnesota landmark, the Split Rock Lighthouse. Although I mostly shoot wildlife I have always been fascinated by lighthouses and I will make some time in whatever I am doing to go take lighthouse pics. This shot was taken from the edge of Pebble Beach which is located west of the lighthouse on the shore of Lake Superior inside the Split Rock State Park .


4 comments:

Kate said...

Interesting! We just returned yesterday from visiting Grand Marais for a few days, and guess where we stopped so I could take photos?! Didn't post mine after seeing Ron Nopola's recent Split Rock lighthouse shot. Love the composition of yours also

amanda said...

One of my favorite MN landmarks, as well. (And the north shore of lake Superior is one of my favorite places on earth.) Fall colors are really peaking up north here, I predict this weekend will be the peak. No rain in the forecast to bring down leaves, and very mild temps.

Laura said...

oh, my! how very beautiful!

Liz said...

Beautiful scenery! Happy sky watching.

Skywatch