Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Flight Of The Pelican by Craig Piercy

As the wings of the beautiful pelican spread
As the pelican lifts his head
As the pelican takes flight, I remember his plight

For as he moves in a flowing motion, it makes me think of some strange notion

When the pelican flies, where does he go?
Where's his home?
Will he be remembered and forever known?

I am reminded that it's like watching a child grow
Strong and steady, with a fight of plenty
Flowing through life with some minor tuberlance
Watching out, for any disturbance

The flight of the pelican
So inspiring, so freeing, so amazingly revealing
That's the beauty of the pelican in flight!


11 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

One of my favorite things I like to do in Rocky Point, which is near Tucson, is sit on the beach and watch the pelicans fly by. Beautiful birds.

Carolyn Ford said...

i so love pelicans! beautiful!

Steffi said...

Very beautiful photos for SWF!Pelicans are so beautiful birds!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

We don't have Pelicans in NJ. However, when we visit my parents in Florida I'll get to see them. I can't wait!

Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous photo! We love pelicans.
K

Jane Hards Photography said...

I have missed your beautiful wildlife photos. Welcome sight on return to blogging.

LadyFi said...

Such a lovely shot!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Excellent and beautiful photography.

Regards and best wishes

Annemor said...

I had to look.
I wandered what birds you had chosen this time.

Gene Vermillion said...

Pelicans are beautiful in flight.

Gene

gengen said...

Its a beautiful shot,,, Visiting from skywatch...