Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Watery Wednesday: Turtle Dance Party

So have you ever wondered what goes on in the ponds and lakes when there are no people around?
The turtles all get together and have a dance party. I was lucky enough to stumble across one of these raves at Wood Lake while I was out birding. Being a good member of nature's paparazzi I stopped to snap, no pun intended, some pics. It is difficult to tell in the picture above but these turtles are really party animals.
Then there were some turtles that partied just a bit too much. Remember that partying and driving don't mix. It looked like he could probably use a tow but I figured that I would just let him sleep it off.
Of coarse where ever you find a party you will usually find a minor trying to sneak in.

10 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Great photos, and funny commentary!

Gaelyn said...

Very good! Glad you didn't crash the party but did get some great captures.

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Arija said...

I bet you tried to gatecrash but were left out in the cold. Your little story adds so much to the pics.

Shelley said...

Lol - cute post to go with your party turtles!! (You reminded me of that old Sat. Nite Live skit with the Janet Reno dance party...)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

This is great. Very funny narrative. It reminds me of the Comcast ads we have here on TV. They feature turtles.

Chris said...

Excellent picture ad a really nice story... I love the last one!! Cute and so small!!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

Wonderful pics :) and story hehe...good day

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely post and photos.

amanda guthrie said...

Cute little guys Red Sliders? Thanks for sharing this tiny tale!