Thursday, November 27, 2008

Skywatch Friday


This week for Skywatch Friday I would like to share this photo that I took of a sunrise last winter. I was heading down south to photograph the eagles that had gathered on the Mississippi River when the sun began to rise. The sky turned pink and purple and it looked like a beam of light shining down from heaven. I was hoping to get to a good location to take a picture, like perhaps Lake Peppin, but decided that I probably did not have enough time. So I just pulled over at an open farm field at took the pic from the side of the road.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - looks as if a rocket has started right in the middle!
Cheers, Klaus

Leedra said...

Good thing you stopped. We let the good ones go by sometime while we think we are looking for the perfect spot to photograph it from.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's a startling image dripping with colour.

Heidi said...

Wow, that's an amazing capture! I'm glad you saw it and stopped when you did. Thanks :)

The Good Life in Virginia said...

like the beam of light ...the colors. a lovely photo.

Arija said...

It does look more like a rocket taking off or an atomic blast gone wrong. Fantastic shot!

Unknown said...

that's a nice picture there. I love it. Happy Sky watch from me.
And Happy Thanks Giving too.
Mine is at http://justmeNus.blogspot.com

Maalie said...

What an amazing picture! And a brilliant testimony for always having your camera to hand!

Shelley said...

What a beautiful light show in that sky!

Naturegirl said...

This has to be the BEST sunrise that I have seen..great capture!! NG

Anonymous said...

It looks like it's saying..Beam me up Scotty....Beautiful

DeniseinVA said...

Incredible photo, glad you took this one.

Mark said...

Great capture of the beautiful colors.
lionsmane