Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Watery Wednesday: Deer at Crex Meadows

This weeks Watery Wednesday features a white tail deer and fawn that Michelle and I photographed at Crex Meadows back in June of 2007.
We spent a lot of time at Crex Meadows during the summer of 2007. At this time of the year it was about time for the swan cygnets to hatch so we were mostly looking at the pools, lakes, and ponds for new waterfowl chicks.
When we came to this pool we were hoping to find a mother with young but we were not expecting it to see a white tailed deer mother with her fawn. The stayed in the water long enough for mom to show the young fawn some affection and then they disappeared into the brush.

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Such a beautiful, sweet moment you captured!

Leedra said...

Beautiful, love the family. Great for Watery Wednesday too. This I REALLY like.

Thomas Vattakaven said...

excellent shots! Where wereu hiding when you took it?

Anonymous said...

That was definite a "kodak moment". The pictures are the moment were both beautiful.
:-)

troutbirder said...

I gave up deer hunting for photography. This picture reminds me why.

Carletta said...

I have deer constantly in my yard so I'm really loving these!
Wonderful shots.

gina said...

i love these!

Rambling Woods said...

Awww..that is so sweet...

New Rambling Woods Site

Mary said...

What a sweet shot of the doe and fawn! This is the best Watery Wednesday I've looked at...wonderful