Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Special Moment Captured in Time


This picture may seem a bit familiar, look up. Not only did it become the bases for a new blog header back in October of 2009 it is also the photo which I picked to grace the front of the 2010 calendar. The photo was taken at the Fall Raptor Center Release which was held at Carpenter Nature Center. I was very happy with my capture of the young red-tailed hawk. The detail that came out would have made for an excellent close up, but instead I choose to include more back ground in the pic. I think that the blue sky filled with clouds and gently swaying trees help transform this into a special moment captured in time. It is perfect for Sky Watch that falls on Earth Day and the three year anniversary of this blog.


4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous, dramatic capture! You put together a terrific calendar! Fantastic! Hope you have wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Kcalpesh said...

It's indeed a dramatic and wonderful capture!

Pixellicious Photos

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

what beautiful shot and earthday post!

come and join me for a new challenge, its my recent post.

hope you can join us?

eileeninmd said...

It is a gorgeous photo, and looks grat as your header.