Monday, July 21, 2008

White Tail Fawn Dodge

While I was photographing the dragonflies, butterflies, and bees out in the flowering lupine of Dodge Nature Center, in mid June, I got a plesant surprise, I looked up to see a young fawn heading across the field. I don't think that it noticed me until it was about 10 to 15 feet away. When it did notice me it stopped and checked me out curiously while I took the opportunity to snap some great pics.







Eventually he left the field and dissappered off into the woods.

5 comments:

Leedra said...

The fawn is precious. Makes me want to get to Cades Cove even more than I already did. Maybe one day this week.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Makes me want to run my hands over those big velvety ears.

Shelley said...

He just looks so sweet and beautiful (as well as looking well fed and well groomedI would imagine this moment felt magical as you were snapping those photos.

troutbirder said...

Why do some of these awesome pictures just walk up to you? Ok I'm jealous. They are always great!
TB

Ecobirder said...

Thanks everyone, he sure was cute. I guess I just get lucky sometimes TB, that and the fact that I spend a lot of time outside with a camera attached to my face.