Sunday, March 22, 2009

Today's Flowers: Monarchs on Flowers

I am looking forward to the weather here getting warm enough for the flowers to begin to grow again so, at some point, I can take a picture of a flower just for the sake of capturing the flower. Oh I am sure that I will still take pics of insects and flowers together but at some point I will take some pics of just flowers.
This weeks pics were taken at the Carpenter Nature Center back in July. CNC has some great open grassland that is filled with wild flowers, and of course insects, during the summer.
The first two pics are monarchs on some sort of goldenrod. It appears that it is probably Canada goldenrod which grows pretty much any where, often crowding out other plants.
I believe that this last shot was taken in one of the butterfly gardens. I am not sure what type of flower it is but it is brighter then the monarch that is sitting on it.

5 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! Beautiful colors and detail - it looks like I can reach right out and touch it!

Leora said...

I love that daisy-like flower that the monarch is sitting upon at the bottom. Love the bits of green, yellow, red and orange in the background, too.

Shelley said...

Beautiful & vibrant!

Jane Hards Photography said...

You are an animal charmer it's official. Exceptional images.

Janie said...

These are just gorgeous shots. I'm glad you shared your view from the butterfly gardens so we can start imagining seeing them outdoors soon.